Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

View NX-i quit unexpectedly

macbook view nx-i

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

webbo51

webbo51

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

When I click on the ViewNX-i app, I get a message headed "ViewNX-i quit unexpectedly." Then theres a huge message of print which I sent to Apple and Nikon. Nikon suggested I uninstall ViewNX-i and re-install. That didn't make any difference. They then suggested that I remove all my photos from the "pictures" folder and uninstall and reinstall, which I did. That hasn't made any difference. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I use a MacBook Pro 15" mid 2010 which has been upgraded with a 1Tb SSHD and 8Gb ram. I run the latest Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3.

The attached file shows a small section of the message.Attached File  ViewNX-i message.tiff   394.41KB   205 downloads

Coolray

Coolray

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I am having the same problems on a MacBook Pro running OS Catalina with 16GB ram. Capture NX-D runs fine with the same image files. With ViewNX-i, I get a transient view of the thumbnails and then the same "quit unexpectedly" message and then pages of computer jibberish. I tried your same strategies with no success. The files are from a Z7.

The files open fine on a Windows machine running the same Windows version of ViewNX-i. 

I am hoping that someone has a solution for this Mac issue--perhaps a Nikon rep.