Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Are these sensor dust on my D750?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

PebblzNnutz

PebblzNnutz

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAlaska

Site Supporter

The reason I ask is because they are all mostly circular. If they are dust, is it safe to use my Pentax lollipop cleaner to clean the sensor? 

34434695171_de37fd8928_k.jpg

This next photo is cropped from the upper right portion of the above photo.

34564888435_641c0a249e_k.jpg

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada

is it safe to use my Pentax lollipop cleaner to clean the sensor? 

Looks like dust... and heavens no. I use Photographic Solutions Sensor swabs with their Eclipse solution. This has been my go to method for over a decade and have always had satisfactory results.

Eclipse – Sensor Cleaning for DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras | Sensor Swab®, Cinema Sensor Cleaning

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

There is nothing wrong with using the O-ICK1 if you are more familiar with that one than an arctic butterfly or some wet cleaning system. I, personally, use pec-pads and eclipse2 when I absolutely have to do a wet clean. Usually, a rocket-blower followed by some self-cleaning cycles are good enough.

PebblzNnutz

PebblzNnutz

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAlaska

Site Supporter

I'll try the O-ICK1 first before ordering a wet cleaning solution. Using my Giottos air blower had no effect on the spots prior to posting on here.
@Nikonian - Are you referring to Eclipse type 2, which I read is for DX size sensors, or the Eclipse E2?

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada

Are you referring to Eclipse type 2, which I read is for DX size sensors, or the Eclipse E2?

E2 was discontinued due to a lower evaporation rate and complaints about streaking because of it.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I never had any problems with streaking with E2, but I will get regular eclipse or aeroclipse when I run out. Pec-pads aren't ideal, but I am used to them.