Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ben look on keh.com. get lost on what mount i can use on d5300.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

i do not know what lens mount i can use on my d5300. so if can get tip on what mounts i can use i make easier for me see what i can buy and not buy. 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

You need lenses with AF-S, AF-i or AF-P for AF to work.

Older AF lenses will not autofocus as they depend on a focus motor in the body that the D5xxx bodies don't have. They will work with the light meter, though.

Manual focus lenses won't even meter as they don't have the electronic aperture information the AF lenses have and the D5xxx light meter needs.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

i saw some of them had g mount for it. when i look site does not sasy af-s or af-i or af-p i get. i get other names and when i type what you say does not show any dx lenses. i see all old basic looking ones. when i use nikon g mount i see more af and the other stuff you said but its under g mount. just like this link shows. not sure why all one you posted under g mount for most or all one i can use 

https://www.keh.com/...or-nikon-f.html

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

All DX lenses except the 10.5 mm fisheye are AF-S. G lenses don't have an aperture ring and can be either AF or AF-S. 

All Nikkors with the correct AF drive will work on the DX bodies, whether they are made for DX or FX as the FX models cover a larger image. The other way around don't work too well as the DX lenses don't cover the whole larger sensor.

There are currently 52 Nikkor lens models at KEH that will work fully on the D5300. https://www.keh.com/.../?q=nikkor af-s