Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 30 April 2017

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, 30 April 2017, post the best photo you have taken this week. Any subject, any style—just give us your best shot.

If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

P.S. Come play with us in the editing exercises (and feel free to play around in the old exercises too). 

P.P.S. Peter is running a fun single lens challenge that we are all invited to participate in. 

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Whoosh! Must have been a busy week for everyone if I'm the first one posting late on a Sunday night. :)

I had several instances where I wished I had been carrying my camera but wasn't (rain in a beautiful garden!), but I did have a portrait session with a college graduate on Saturday night, so it was good to get the camera out. He was fun to shoot--he had some fun ideas and he was also willing to try out some of my odder ideas. This pose is a bit cheesy, but I liked it...

34374419575_c7cdf31f51_b.jpgCollege graduate by Nicole Fernley, on Flickr

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

This one is from the same series as the Siberian squill in the One week... challenge. I had to tilt the camera too much, so the keystoning had to be corrected. This made it not quite right for that thread as I try to do no more than crop for aspect ratio in those.

gallery_1251_413_621023.jpg

Model: NIKON D700

Lens (mm): 15 (Nikkor 14-24/2.8)
ISO: 200
Aperture: 3.2
Shutter: 1/500
Picture Control: D2X Mode 3

Keystoning corrected in PS.

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall

I'm a few hours late posting - but it is a Public Holiday here today...

One from this week

Nippa in flight

Nikon D610

AF Nikkor 85mm f 1.8 D

1/2000 @ f2.8

Cropped (heavilly, I need to get a longer lens!) and slightly tweaked in Aperture

DSC_6782.jpg

sunshine

sunshine

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationVirginia

Busy week, busier weekend...  Sorry I didn't make the midnight posting deadline, but the photo was taken before the deadline.  Still haven't gotten to look at photos from yesterday, so this may not actually be the best of the week, but it's my favorite so far.   :)

33487630384_daf24fd782_b.jpg

spider caught some sunshine by Mark, on Flickr

D810, Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 @ 200mm, f/2.8, 1/200", ISO 200

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Country Flag

Had to stay in this past weekend- worked on a couple of lenses over the last week.

A 1936 5cm F1.5 Zeiss Sonnar bought for parts, was missing the rear glass. I replaced it using the rear of an early Russian lens- which happens to have been made by Zeiss. The Russian lens had a bad front element.

34183028176_0e4cb850a8_o.jpgSonnar Test, Wide-Open by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Making up for lost time.........

I included a few of my favorites from this weekend.  Not my normal style, but all were taken with my phone...too busy to bring my good gear and not enough room to carry it as we had two vehicles loaded down with some goodies.  We spent our first weekend in our new weekend getaway about 2.5 hours or so from home.  Long story, shortened, it took quite a bit longer to get everything done than planned, but we found a great house with a place to park a boat...The house has an "Inlaw Suite" above the garage to the left and both the house and the suite came furnished...

IMG_3104.jpg

A nice skiff and trailer were also furnished with the house - parked on the lift below...

IMG_3077.jpg

My oldest son's first time driving the boat...

IMG_3087.jpg

And a view from the end of the dock our first night there...

IMG_3072.jpg

Hopefully as things settle down I'll be back more frequently and able to get the cameras active again...