Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Apature promlems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

studio289

studio289

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

hi all vvery new to this but this little problem is sending me crazy i have a D3100  and a D5300 love them both but for some reason that escapes my when i set my 5300 to "A" it dont matter what f/ i use my pic all come out dark in ambient light not a problem with my 5300 any clues as to what im doing wrong please

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag

hi all vvery new to this but this little problem is sending me crazy i have a D3100 and a D5300 love them both but for some reason that escapes my when i set my 5300 to "A" it dont matter what f/ i use my pic all come out dark in ambient light not a problem with my 5300 any clues as to what im doing wrong please

While the EXIF data of a problematic picture, or the picture itself would help, I would suggest to first check what the ISO settings are, incl. whether Auto ISO is on or off.

PS: from your posting it is not obvious which of the two cameras has the problem.

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall

...Or it could be that you have exposure compensation set to underexpose. As has been suggested, EXIF data would help.

studio289

studio289

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

thank for the help in the end i did a factory reset on the D5300 and it sorted out the problem all is good not thanks again