Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Lake District, England, UK

lake district;landscape;

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

RossCumming

RossCumming

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationScotland

Sharing a few images from a recent trip to the Lake District in England, UK. For those who do not know the area, it is a mountainous area in the North West of England and is a popular holiday area for people interested in outdoor pursuits (hill walking, canoeing, boating etc.). It is also a very popular area for photography due to its natural beauty. It is a designated National Park and all the land area over 3000ft in England is only found within the park boundaries including Scafell Pike, the highest mountain in England. I did set myself the target of climbing Scafell Pike, however, the weather was not on our side on this visit (a late snow fall!), so a good excuse to visit again in the future (this was my first time).

Coniston Water, one of the Lakes, was the location for various water-speed records by the Campbell family (Malcolm, then later his son Donald). Anyway, just a small sample of images....

Coniston Water Jetty Monk Coniston170323.jpg Aira Force Waterfall 03 170323.jpg Ashness Bridge Landscape Upper View170319.jpg River Brathay170321.jpg Ullswater Early Morning Square170323.jpg

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
All very nice!

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Ross, beautiful work!! I keep going back to the River Brathay image.

Also, I'm super jealous right now. I've been there twice and each time felt like I didn't have nearly enough time to explore the place--it's so gorgeous and there's so much to see. Last time we were there, we visited Beatrix Potter's home--I love that she was such an advocate for preserving that place. It's amazing. I'm a literary buff, so we also had to visit both of Wordsworth's cottages and hike some of the trails around the area...not during daffodil season though. :)

You say these are a few among many--do you have any others posted elsewhere? I'd love to see them...

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall

Great pics Ross. And that's only the second most beautiful area of England - imagine what you could do if you came down to Cornwall! :D

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Very nice captures, Ross.

RossCumming

RossCumming

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationScotland

Thanks for the lovely comments.

Dogbytes, I am press-ganged into accepting Yorkshire as the most beautiful place in England due to my better half being a proud Yorkshire lass! But I will agree Cornwall is just as Beautiful! So here you go - a small sample from a trip to Cornwall from a 2 years ago to prove it is as beautiful as we describe it. You should hopefully recognise Clovelly (OK, thats Devon) and St Ives, but the beach scene I cannot recall exactly, maybe around St Agnes Heritage Coast area - happy if you can correct me!

Nicole, we did go to Beatrix Potters house, but it was very busy when we were there so did not go in - which is just as well as I am sure my partner would have spent a small fortune there. She too is a massive reader and fan. Where we live in Scotland, there is a Beatrix Potter exhibition about an hour away in a small town called Dunkeld where she wrote her picture letter to Noel Moore which was to become her first novel 'The Tale of Peter Rabbit'.

So obviously we went to Wordsworth's house while we were there! I did take some record shots so I will look to process some of these and try post them for you. There were only small clumps of daffodils in the garden while we were there, but that was enough for my partner to be happy that she had been to Wordsworth's house and saw the daffodils in the garden.

I am still working my way through my photos from the Lakes and will post more, probably to my Flickr site

Attached Thumbnails

• 18968504769_22c04a8421_o.jpg
  • 18967068668_bfa10593a8_o.jpg
  • 19128491176_2fbbb9fd9f_o.jpg

RossCumming

RossCumming

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationScotland

@nicole (and anyone else interested), I have added a few more to my Flickr site here https://www.flickr.c...s/7383374@N02/?

I still have more to go through at some point but not sure when I will get to them :-(

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Thanks, Ross! I'm excited to see them!

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall

Dogbytes, I am press-ganged into accepting Yorkshire as the most beautiful place in England due to my better half being a proud Yorkshire lass! But I will agree Cornwall is just as Beautiful! So here you go - a small sample from a trip to Cornwall from a 2 years ago to prove it is as beautiful as we describe it. You should hopefully recognise Clovelly (OK, thats Devon) and St Ives, but the beach scene I cannot recall exactly, maybe around St Agnes Heritage Coast area - happy if you can correct me!

I have to admit, Yorkshire is stunning, we are truly blessed with the scenery we have. You're not exactly struggling to find beauty in Scotland either! I'd love to photograph Eilean Donan Castle - yes, I know that I'm the only person in the world who hasn't, but I'd still like to give it a go!

The Cornish beach scene looks like Gwithian Towans going towards Godrevy, so yes, not far from St Agnes. We live in Helston, so not far from those places.

Got to say, your work is superb!