Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D850 Officially Announced!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

After much anticipation, the new D850 is finally here!

Highlights include a 45.7 megapixel sensor, 3.2" touchscreen monitor, 4K/30 video recording, 153-point autofocus, ISO up to 102,400, 7FPS bursts, and built-in Wi-Fi

Pre-orders are now being accepted with an estimated delivery date of September 7th.  Order yours today!  $3296.95:

https://www.bhphotov...amera_body.html

A new dedicated battery grip (MB-D18) is now also available.

nikon_d850_dslr_camera_body_150355742400

ShantiLFE

ShantiLFE

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Country Flag

This may be 'the one'  my precious ;)  & my D500 is less than a yr old :(   what reason to keep it when this does 19MP crop & better DR??  I see alot of D500 for sale soon

let's hope not too many 'problems' when its released

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
D850 brochure, if you want all the details ;)

http://cdn-4.nikon-c...chure.pdf?nr=nr

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland
Aussies are being raped hard on the price of this. Our exchange rate is pretty much the same as Canada. Yet our local prices are $1k more expensive! We do have a local sales tax but that only accounts for about half the difference.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I sure hope a bunch of D500 bodies go on sale and that drops the cost way down...I'll pick up at least one for sure!  I am not sure it will happen though...

• Ron likes this

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

In spite of myself, I'm actually excited about this camera. It's not perfect but it touches an awful lot of bases for me. And, the price, high tho it may be, is better than I expected. I can actually see myself shooting with this camera at some point in the future. Maybe after the price comes down a bit. At the very least it's forced me to rethink my original plan to purchase a D500.

I just hope that Nikon got everything right internally. Their quality reputation has taken quite a hit lately and the last thing they need is for some major problem to pop up after they start shipping these cameras.

--Ron