Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sigma 35-70mm lens

nikon sigma

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

benji88uk

benji88uk

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAuckland

Hello all

Newbie to the forum, not sure if I'm in the right topic area or if it would be better posted else where but here goes....

I've recently upgraded from a Nikon D90 to a D750, the last lens I bought prior to the upgrade was a Toking 11-20mm I already had a 50mm lens and a Tamron 70-300mm Lens.

The two latter ones work fine on the new D750 however the wide angle is DX not FX so the image is cropped. I have plans to upgrade this when my cash flow is a little easier and I'm also considering a lens to try and fill the range somewhere between 20-70mm.
I enjoy shooting in a variety of scenarios and don't yet have a specific field to focus on i.e portrait etc.

Today I was dropping some things off at the charity shop and on my way out I saw a Sigma 35-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 It wasn't expensive at all and I figured worst case I was making a donation to the shop should it not work.

I got home and the lens fits and it doesn't appear to have any scratches or major damage and I'm hoping that it will help me out for a while until I can invest in something a little more substantial. Here is my problem (apologies for the long intro)

When i put it on my body and fiddle with the settings, the view finder works and I can see what I'm shooting, but any photo after that and the view finder is black, almost as if the mirror isn't releasing. I guess my two questions if this isn't normal are;

1) most importantly am i going to cause any damage to my camera

2) is there a way to get the mirror to drop after every shot? so the view finder will work?
Hope someone out there has some clue and can help out in some way,

thanks in advance

Ben

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

Ben, I have a Sigma 24-105 on my D750 and it works fine.  I have no experience with the other lens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nikon, sigma