Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How bad can it be?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall
NIKON AF ZOOM-NIKKOR 70-300MM F/4-5.6G

These are available, in the U.K., for £86 brand new.

I'm not a great fan of zooms but sometimes I'd like a lens in the 200-300mm range for pics of my dogs and occasionally when I'm the semi-official snapper (no pun intended!) at dog shows.

We're talking images on Facebook and maybe a smudge in the local paper. Surely it must be worth £86!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The Tamron Di LD Macro isn't a good 70-300 either but it is less frustrating to use and can be found in about the same price range.

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada

Also note if you don't mind shooting in crop mode, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II is $200 off (at least here in the states). This is a very good lens for $149.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Until it developed lens rot, I had one of those old Nikkor 70-300's. It had fairly decent IQ on crop sensor cameras. Not so much on FX tho.

--Ron