Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Problem using onboard flash with Canon 18~55mm kit lens.

problem onboard flash canon t5

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Last night I decided to exercise my Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens with using the onboard flash.  Everything came out underexposed.  I had the camera set to 1/10s, F5.6 fastest setting and pushed ISO to max., @6400.  I could not get any photos properly exposed.  I then inserted the Canon EF-S 55~250mm lens and no problem getting very good exposures.

I should have mentioned earlier that with the kit lens, I noticed through the viewfinder that the onboard flash generated a very weak beam.   I just now went ahead and cleaned the contacts on the bottom of the kit lens.  With the shutter at 1/60s, F/5.6 and ISO @ 200, I took two shots and they both turned out very good.  The only difference is that it is currently 1:49 in the afternoon with plenty of sunshine coming through the same room.  Just to make certain, I will wait until this evening and try it again in low light conditions.  If anyone has had similar experiences, I would like very much to hear about them.  Thanks,

Tony

I also failed to mention that I am using a Canon EOS Rebel t5.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: problem, onboard, flash, canon t5