Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5500 Vs D5300

d5500 d5300 touchscreen first dslr

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

s4sebin

s4sebin

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
HI Friends,
I am new in photography, I am going to buy my first DSLR camera.
I have shortlisted D5300 and D5500.
I am from India, here it has almost 10K difference between both cameras.
I want to know about spending 10K only for touchscreen? is worth? Touch screen, is that much helpful?
and also suggest best kit, 18-55 | 18-55 + 35 | 18-55 + 55-200 | 18-140
Thanks in advance :) Have a great day

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
In addition to the touchscreen, the 5500 also has a bigger buffer. Other than that, they're almost identical.

The best kit lenses are the af-s 18-55 vr II and its 55-200mm counterpart. The VR II versions of these lenses are noticeably better than the earlier versions, and the current sale price of $150 for the 55-200 is a steal.

There are newer AF-P versions of these kit lenses with faster, quieter autofocus, but they have an annoying new "feature" where you must go into the shooting menu to turn VR on and off (as opposed to a physical switch on the lenses).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d5500, d5300, touchscreen, first dslr