Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Recommended apps/ software for GREEN SCREEN use

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Daniel

Daniel

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Anyone use green screen? Need recommendations for software or photoshop apps to use with a green screen. 

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada

Most video editors (I'm assuming your use is video) support chroma key masking... what platform are you on?

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

If you're using it for stills, we have used and really liked this software:

EZ Green Screen - Photoshop Plugin Software

This was our setup:

IMG_4138.JPG

And this was the result:

30780807143_388ed123eb_b.jpgSanta and a Screaming Baby by Nicole Fernley, on Flickr

I set up the lights and set, took the photos, and did initial edits in Lightroom. My husband did all the backdrop additions using this Photoshop plugin, EZ Green Screen. He really liked the plugin--it made it really easy for him to select the green and make adjustments for hair and such. We got through a couple hundred photos fairly quickly--though in hindsight, my husband was wishing we would have eliminated that green reflection in the table. We saw it and noticed that the software kept trying to select it (we were shooting tethered and projecting onto a screen so everyone could preview their photos immediately), but he thought it wouldn't be too hard to get rid of in post-processing. It wasn't hard, but it did add some time to each photo edit.

A license isn't cheap, but it was worth it for us because of ease of use.

Anyway, if you're asking for video, I know nothing about that...though my husband has used green screen with video quite a bit. I can ask what he has used for that.

SaveSave