Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stars night trails

astro longexposure d3200

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

desaiamarjeet

desaiamarjeet

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi,

One night I went for the Astro Long Exposure photography and planned for the stars night trails. I set up my camera for Shutter Speed as 30 Secs, ISO-1600, F4. However, I was not able to take multiple frames. After 30 Secs, I had to manually click for the next frame. I was adviced to take  atleast 200 frames which I was not able to.

Taking multiple frames with D3200 is a back drop or is there any way to achieve such requirements?

Regards,

Amar.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

If I am understanding your question correctly, you will likely need to buy an intervalometer that is compatible with the D3200--the D3200 doesn't have one built in, unfortunately. You want the camera to automatically expose several images in a row, one after the other, right?

desaiamarjeet

desaiamarjeet

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Country Flag

Yes nbanjogal, you read me right.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The D3200 uses the same remotes as the D90, so finding a cheap intervalometer shouldn't be too difficult. There are plenty of sellers on all locations of ebay and also on aliexpress, whichever is more convenient for your market. You might even have a seller in your country that imports them as job lots and sell. If you do a web search for "intervalometer D3200" you will have no trouble finding one to buy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astro, longexposure, d3200