Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I'm still here

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

Sorry for not posting much lately. The pain in my knees has gotten so bad I finally had surgery. I had 2 tears in the meniscus and arthritis in my right knee. I am now down to one crutch to get around. Hopefully I can be crutch  and pain free in a few days. Makes doing anything very time consuming  since I can only carry one item at a time and it needs to be light. Stairs are a nightmare as well.   With any luck at all I can be back to being active with my camera next week. 

Just an update on why I haven't been posting much lately. 

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Ugh--sorry to hear you've had to deal with knee surgery, but I'm very glad to hear you're up and about again. At least you've got a good excuse for not posting much--I'm just claiming that I'm too busy with work, which is probably not the best excuse. I've been checking in here, but I haven't touched my camera for probably more than three weeks now. So, maybe you'll inspire me to get my act together!

Anyway, I hope you continue to heal well, and I look forward to seeing what you do next week when you're back in action with your camera.

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

Welcome back Patrick9.  Feb, March seems to be wicked for Nikonites.  I too, have been waylaid by an upper respiratory ailment, just now getting back to the camera.  Went to the gym today, fort time in three weeks.  No way to enjoy spring in the desert.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Sorry to hear about the knees, Patrick. I can relate. Many years ago I was in an accident that damaged the cartilage in both of my knees. It took me quite awhile to get over that and even now, decades later, I can still predict the weather with my knees. 

Deano, I'm also sorry to hear about your upper respiratory ailment.

Hope you're both feeling much better. Heal fast guys!

--Ron

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

Sorry to hear about the knees, Patrick. I can relate. Many years ago I was in an accident that damaged the cartilage in both of my knees. It took me quite awhile to get over that and even now, decades later, I can still predict the weather with my knees. 

Deano, I'm also sorry to hear about your upper respiratory ailment.

Hope you're both feeling much better. Heal fast guys!

--Ron

I can predict it with my right foot. It was run over several years ago broken in 3 places . it is fin except when pressure fronts come thru.

Welcome back Patrick9.  Feb, March seems to be wicked for Nikonites.  I too, have been waylaid by an upper respiratory ailment, just now getting back to the camera.  Went to the gym today, fort time in three weeks.  No way to enjoy spring in the desert.

I hope you get back fully well soon. hate to miss a spring being ill.

Ugh--sorry to hear you've had to deal with knee surgery, but I'm very glad to hear you're up and about again. At least you've got a good excuse for not posting much--I'm just claiming that I'm too busy with work, which is probably not the best excuse. I've been checking in here, but I haven't touched my camera for probably more than three weeks now. So, maybe you'll inspire me to get my act together!

Anyway, I hope you continue to heal well, and I look forward to seeing what you do next week when you're back in action with your camera.

I have a new camera to play with and can't get out . Large bandages that keep me from bending my leg come off tomorrow. YEA. I hope to be seeing some of your shots soon as well. 

• Ron likes this

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Good to hear that you are on the mend. I recognize the bit on getting frustrated with going around using a crutch. I returned to work still needing two with an extension defect of over 20° after my knee operation. Those were not happy days.

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Country Flag

I hope you feel better soon, back on your feet- literally!