Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D3300 Focus settings for Tamron 70-200

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

CheerDad

CheerDad

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag

I just purchased a Tamron 70-200 lens for my D3300. I used it for taking pictures of my 2 daughters Cheer Competitions. Sunday was my first time with the lens and I need a little help with the AF Settings. I had it set for 3D Autofocus and it would lock on something in the background and all of the girls were blurred. I tried Auto Area AF and it was doing the same thing. How do I get everything in focus without the blurred images?

Thanks

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
Exactly which lens is this? It is entirely possible it will need a firmware upgrade to work with newer bodies.

CheerDad

CheerDad

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag

It is a SP AF70-200  Aoo1N. 

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
Are you sure this lens autofocuses at all on your D3300? According to Tamron's site, the A001 is a 9 year old lens designed for Nikon bodies with a focus motor (screw drive), which D3xxx and D5xxx cameras don't have.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It is the SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD [IF] MACRO, according to the Swedish Tamron site. It has a focus motor and no known limits to compatibility.

CheerDad, how about trying continuous single-point AF? Then, you only need to get the point on your subject and keep it there. Play around with the lens in less demanding situations until you are familiar with the lens and it's limitations.

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag

It is the SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD [IF] MACRO, according to the Swedish Tamron site. It has a focus motor and no known limits to compatibility.

Hmmm... it seems the one with the internal motor is model A001N II. Is it the same lens as 'A001N'

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Hmmm... it seems the one with the internal motor is model A001N II. Is it the same lens as 'A001N'

I hope it is. I haven't followed the iterations of this lens as I find it typical of the older third-party lenses, that is to say not bad, but boring and difficult to get really good results from.