Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon 1 Micro

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Dick Danis

Dick Danis

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

What is a good set up for micro using the V3. I have a Nikkor 105AF f1.28 micro. Just got it. Also have the CX to F mount adapter.

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

Dick is it the FT1 adapter or one of the dumb adapters,if its the FT1 then your good to go.

Marcus Rowland

Marcus Rowland

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon

This was something I also wanted to ask about. I've been thinking of trying this format, but don't know enough about compatibility issues since I'd probably want to use my existing lenses too.  Does the FT1 give full lens automation including AF and VR? What happens with older lenses with the screw-focus system (I'm guessing they go to manual focus) and/or mechanical stop-down, and all-manual lenses?

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
I am occasionally using the Nikon1 J5 with my other lenses, using the FT1.

As regards some of my more recent Nikkor lenses they all work as on the DX/FX bodies (i.e. AF and VR). For a full list of supported lenses you may check here:
http://imaging.nikon...mpatibility.htm

As regards non-Nikkor lenses, some work and others don't (f.i. the Tamron 150-600/5-6.3 doesn't work - but this is also a very unbalanced setup).

As regards manual lenses, the N1J5 (but I guess the N1V3, too) has a manual mode, which will allow you to use such lenses in ... manual.

I made a test with an old manual Pentax lens, using an adapter for M42 to F-mount, which itself fitted into the FT1 - and it worked too (with the quality limitations of such setup)

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

Most sigma long lenses work i have used a few over the years,firmware versions can change it though,

Sigma 150-600 on the V2

22635480626_881375f1e7_o.jpg

Sigma 50-500 on the V2

25804347563_84c7f98796_o.jpg

This was something I also wanted to ask about. I've been thinking of trying this format, but don't know enough about compatibility issues since I'd probably want to use my existing lenses too.  Does the FT1 give full lens automation including AF and VR? What happens with older lenses with the screw-focus system (I'm guessing they go to manual focus) and/or mechanical stop-down, and all-manual lenses?

I found with the V2 and FT1 you get single point AF and VR

Marcus Rowland

Marcus Rowland

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLondon

The picture of the adapter on Amazon makes it clear that this doesn't support the screw autofocus system (not surprising since it's dropped from most later Nikons), so from the compatibility chart I'm guessing my big old zoom would work as manual focus with confirm (though it might get in the way of the illuminator and flash) and manual aperture selection etc. Not a huge problem.