Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jchery2

jchery2

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Country Flag
Greetings Nikon Forum,
My name is Jerry and I reside in Sarasota, Florida. I have been amateurishly shooting since 2012, after purchasing D7000. My current collection includes:
Speed light sb900
18-105mm
55-300mm
50mm 1:18

I have interest in growing into full frame and as a result have been looking at purchasing:
D800E or D810
Sigma 20mm 1:4 DG ART
Sigma 85mm 1:4 ART

Subject interest include people (mainly my wife because she is such a beautiful model), nature, weddings, large gatherings and walking photography. I consider myself an amateur and use every experience for the furthering of knowledge. I actually have a QuinceaƱera coming up for a coworkers daughter, and my gift is going to be very nice photo's. With that said, I have a lot of practice that I need do with light, absence of light, subject positioning and etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Country Flag

Welcome to the forum!

Nice choice of equipment on the list. The 85/1.4 will take some practice, as will the jump to a D810 or D800e, given the increased resolution. You might find a faster shutter speed is required to make use of all those pixels. Fast lenses- also take getting used to. Get plenty of practive before your upcoming event... (a good reason to by sonner than later...)

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

Welcome aboard Jerry.  Looking forward to the Quinceanera photos.