Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

d810 "Clean Now" - camera appears to be frozen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Splask

Splask

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi, I selected the clean image sensor "clean now" on my d810 a few hours ago and now none of the camera functions work. The green light comes on briefly when I try any function.

Does "clean now" take a long time, or is there something else going on?

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
The 'clean image sensor' > 'clean now' should take about 5 seconds after you pressed ok.

The 'lift the mirror for cleaning' will require the shutter to be pressed for lifting the mirror. The mirror will stay up until you press the shutter again or switch off the camera.

If the camera is staying in this mode I would suggest to switch off the camera, wait 1 minute and then switching it on again. I would also suggest to recharge your camera's battery before repeating the operation.