Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Time lapse with D3400?

d3400 time lapse snapbridge

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

FallenArchangel

FallenArchangel

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello, I recently upgraded from a cannon that was more than ten years old. (Maximum ISO was 800, which wouldn't shot indoors with anything less than a three second exposure. It was terrible.)   I recently purchased a Nikon D3400 from Walmart, and I'm really starting to enjoy it.

One thing I'd like to be able to do is a really long timelapse.  A few hours or so. I have the battery and memory needed, but unfortunately the camera has no setting for this.  After searching through Google I eventual found some remote shutter devices that you can use for this sort of thing.  The problem now is that the D3400 doesn't have an accessory plugin of any kind.

My only remaining option I can see is to use SnapBridge, which I hear has a remote shutter option when connected to WiFi.  Unfortunately I cant seem to get it to work with my phone. (Samsung Galaxy S7)   It works fine with my friends iPhone, just not mine. (Even after a factory reset on both devices)  When I try to pair the devices, the camera will instantly say it was successful, too fast to even see the progress bar.  And my phone shows that it's still trying to connect the entire time.

Basically I'm wondering if there's any other option for an automatic shutter for a time lapse video on the D3400 other than SnapBridge.
If not, I guess I'll need to make another thread in the appropriate location asking for help pairing my devices.

Thank you for the help, I usually don't like asking for help as a first post, but this seems to be the best forum to ask.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d3400, time lapse, snapbridge