Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sling straps

strap

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Siner@msn.com

Siner@msn.com

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag
I have read lately about the speed straps that use the tripod mount socket. How strong is that socket? I have not seen anything from Nikon but read that Canon says this is a no and no warranty will apply if the camera is damaged. I want some type of sling/ speed strap for my D7200 and my D3200. D7200 will probably have a Tamron 16-300 on it plus a battery grip. That's a lot of weight. Any info on experiences and suggestions will be appreciated.

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

I have two. I have a Kawa Pro which is a single custom made leather strap. I use this for most of my shooting which for the most part is a D810 with either 70-200mm f2.8, 85mm or 35mm. I have never had a problem. When using the 70-200mm I attach it to the lens collar.

I also have a Blackrapid double and have done numerous days with a D810 and D500 on either side. I have a 70-200mm f2.8 or 24-70mm f2.8 on either camera and again have had no problems. Even during an event where I was doing quite a bit or brisk walking/jogging.

I HATE neck straps. They are evil.

morticiaskeeper

morticiaskeeper

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTewkesbury, Glos
I always use slings when shooting outside, it can also stop snatch thefts.

Even indoors with a single camera, I have use a twin sling with the flash power pack on the other side to the camera.

At airshows, I can walk through the crowds with a 300mm outfit on the left and a 600mm outfit on the right. If I want to change, I simply drop the one I'm holding and pick up the other one.

Never had a problem with the fittings.