Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D 80 won't record to card.

d80 nikon sd cards

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

KnoxBill

KnoxBill

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

So, my friend had her Nikon D80 refurbished and than moved. She left it in the box for three years and took it out today.

It turned on fine and I took a picture and it worked and recorded onto the 4 GB SD card. We set it down for a few minutes while I explained some stuff to her. I set the image quality from L to Raw and the ISO to 1600. We took another picture and the first picture popped up on the LCD. It seems the picture didn't record. I popped the card in my card reader and the picture wasn't there. I formatted the card and it still didn't work. Changed the settings back, didn't help. Removed battery, didn't help. Tried a different card, didn't help. Her card worked in my camera. I did a factory reset, didn't help. I updated the firmware, didn't help.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d80, nikon, sd cards