Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Strap for P900 Suggestions

p900 strap

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

alshearin

alshearin

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Hey!  I am looking for suggestions on a carry strap for a P900.  I have a padded neck strap but my neck starts to hurt after carrying the P900 for about 30 minutes.  In my research, I've seen various type of slings (pad on one shoulder with camera hanging on opposite hip) and chest harness systems.  I'm looking for a system where the camera attaches via the strap mounts on either side of the camera using a quick release system so that I can quickly remove the camera and mount to a tripod or monopod.  I looked at the FASTFIRE sling but there were many reviews  stating that the system failed and the cameras dropped and hit the ground.  Ideally, I would prefer a chest harness type system where the camera attaches via the side mounts with a quick release - this way I can keep my quick release plate for my tripod / monopod attached to the bottom of the camera.  Budget up to $150.00.  Appreciate any suggestions!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The Op/Tech dual harness is worth checking out. It can be used for just the camera, camera and binoculars or two cameras in different configurations. The harness wasn't available yet when I got my first Op/Tech straps, so I use an old Multiplex R/C harness on days when I know I will be using a body/lens combination that will strain my neck on a regular strap. My rig can be slightly under 4 kg with the 400/3.5 or 600/5.6 on a gripped D700, and the release buckles are definitely sturdy enough for my usage.