Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

P900 Rail Lens Support Recommendations

lens support rail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

alshearin

alshearin

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Hello!  I have a P900 and a Ravelli APGL4 70" Tripod with an adjustable Pistol Grip head.  I am looking for a lens support system as the camera at full zoom tends to very slowly drop when the lens is fully extended.  Appreciate any recommendations.  Thanks!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Is it the pistol grip that moves on it's own accord or is it the camera-to-lens plate that doesn't stay put so it drops in a portrait orientation?

If it is the pistol grip that moves, they usually are adjustable to get a firmer lock. If you need to replace the head, Sirui ballheads are nice for the money. I just hope that the top of the center column has a standard 3/8" fitting for a head. 

If it is the plate, a piece of bicycle inner tube between plate and camera can help to get more friction.

alshearin

alshearin

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Nikonian - thanks for the suggestions!  Much appreciated....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lens, support, rail