Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Glencoe &Glen Etive

scotland inyoni d750

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

Took a few days off work to give myself a little time with both my cameras (750 & 7100). Decided to take a 2 hour drive to Glencoe and Glen Etive. Sky was cloudless and a bit hazy so had to try and keep to the shadows.

Here are a few of my favs.

Attached Thumbnails

• _RDM5131.jpg
  • _RDM5142.jpg
  • _RDM5143.jpg
  • _RDM5160.jpg
  • _RDM5164.jpg
  • _RDM5189.jpg
  • _RDM5196.jpg
  • _RDM5203.jpg
  • DSC_1286 crop.jpg
  • DSC_1290 Crop.jpg
  • DSC_1311.jpg

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Excellent captures Rob.
I like 2,3,6,8 best

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

These are beautiful, Rob. I would like to do what you did some day, just walk the highlands with a couple of cameras in the afternoon. I've been to Glencoe, many years ago. Gorgeous place. Wasn't there a very terrible battle there long ago?

Are you allowed to bird hunt in the Highlands? It also looks like a perfect place to take a walk with dog and a shotgun and shoot some grouse.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Hay Alden, unfortunately our gun laws are rather strict here in Scotland, if your out and about with a shotgun, your more than likely to be arrested. Of course there are organised grouse shooting events and such but it's a no no out on your own, unless your the land owner or your a games keeper.

It's a stunning part of Scotland, The Glencoe massacre happened on 13th February 1692, when the clan MacDonald were hunted down in the glen and killed.

Lochan na h-Achlaise in Black & White

Attached Thumbnails

• _RDM5143 B&W.jpg

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

I see. I kind of thought it was like that. So, you need to be a club member and registered with the local government authorities and so on I suppose to participate in shooting events, and I imagine it's a rather expensive hobby.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

A few more from this shoot

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_1284.jpg