Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sports Lens ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Mikshyle

Mikshyle

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi, I am brand new to the site. I just purchased a D7200 and want to purchase the

Tamron 70-200 2.8 for shooting sports. Looking for advice on whether I need to purchase the new VC lens or will the older lens do the job well enough. Thanks any advice is greatly appreciated :D

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,649 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Since the VC lens is one of the new breed that has changed the reputation of third-party lenses forever and the non-VC is from the bad old days, it would be an easy choice for me.

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

You don't need VC/VR for sports as you use a high shutter speed anyway, so don't base your decision on that. Try and figure out one or other has the advantage for focus speed/accuracy and things such as sharpness, weather-resistance etc.

PebblzNnutz

PebblzNnutz

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAlaska

Site Supporter

The VC version has better/faster focussing speed than the older version according to the reviews I've read online. 

Mikshyle

Mikshyle

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks

;)