Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1st Birthday Cake Smash

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

I did this shoot the Friday before Christmas, just getting round to working the RAW files. Thought i'd share a few with you all. Let me know your thoughts.

I only had one flash, on camera. The backdrop was a bedsheet that the client had, she's a friend so we just worked it out as we went.

Attached Thumbnails

• _RDM4918.jpg
  • _RDM4925.jpg
  • _RDM4931.jpg
  • _RDM4937.jpg
  • _RDM4951.jpg
  • _RDM4963.jpg
  • _RDM4982.jpg
  • _RDM4990.jpg
  • _RDM5003.jpg

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Well done, Rob! Has your client seen them? I'll be surprised if she is anything less than thrilled. The crying shot at the end is great--that's real life!

etphoto

etphoto

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationCincinnati
I like these a lot. My biggest pet peeve with stuff lime this are shadows. I see none, well done.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Well done, Rob! Has your client seen them? I'll be surprised if she is anything less than thrilled. The crying shot at the end is great--that's real life!

Thanks Nicole, the client is very pleased with the shots. I've given her 14 finished shots out of 150 that I took over the 2 hour shoot. It was a great experience and I'd like to do more of this type.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

They are always fun to shoot, and you did this one well. Congratulations on getting the lighting so right and capturing so many of the toddler's expressions in this series.

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

They are always fun to shoot, and you did this one well. Congratulations on getting the lighting so right and capturing so many of the toddler's expressions in this series.

Thanks Peter

I like these a lot. My biggest pet peeve with stuff lime this are shadows. I see none, well done.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Thank you. it was quite difficult to get the lighting right but once set up it worked for the majority of shots. 

ml_work

ml_work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAlabama

I am learning and like "people" photos, and babies are one of my favorite. So I was looking at these, they are really good catching the different expressions. But what I see that no one mentioned is the light wash out on the face? I get this a lot when taking pictures, the picture looks good on the camera but once on a PC I can see the washed out places on the face or elsewhere. This can be with flash or outside... so please don't take offense, I am here to learn. Just wondering if this is something that  cannot be helped in some shots or what should be done to remedy?

Bengan

Bengan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStockholm

Site Supporter

Fantastic series

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

That's nothing… he is learning and will get bigger.

There are much greater messes ahead! Well done.