Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 8 January 2017

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, 8 January 2017, post the best photo you have taken this week. Any subject, any style—just give us your best shot.

If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

Also, please take a moment and share your best photos of 2016 here: Your Best Photos of 2016 - Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games - NikonForums.com. We are getting quite an impressive collection of everyone's best!

P.S. Come play with us in the editing exercises (and feel free to play around in the old exercises too). 

P.P.S. Also check out the music inspiration challenges. Some very cool stuff going on in there!

P.P.S. Peter is running a fun single lens challenge that we are all invited to participate in.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Yesterday it has been mostly greyish, but finally we had some minor snowfall, which was a good reason to have a walk in a nearby forrest.

Hereafter are two images taken during that walk, postprocessed with TonalityCK.

8254cf373445793458af4b3e5763dc4e.jpg

9a7cd306e933fe1dd687a33f2d2a6796.jpg

Both captures taken with D610 and Tamron 70-200/2.8

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

The forums need a "love" button--"like" isn't strong enough in this case. These are absolutely gorgeous, Jerry. And I see you're determined to prove me wrong about the Tamron 70-200!  :lol:

Just fantastic...

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I took a little walk with the D700 and 105 DC this evening.

gallery_1251_413_465002.jpg

Model: NIKON D700
Lens (mm): 105 (AF 105/2 DC)
ISO: 1250
Aperture: 2.5
Shutter: 1/100

Picture Control: D2X Mode 3

ADL Low

DC setting 5.6R

CLS flash on-camera

gallery_1251_413_77953.jpg

ISO: 800
Aperture: 2
Shutter: 1/60

ADL Low

DC setting 2R

CLS flash on-camera FEC -2/3

gallery_1251_413_55732.jpg

Aperture: 2
Shutter: 1/250

ADL Low

DC setting neutral

gallery_1251_413_40399.jpg

Aperture: 3.5
Shutter: 1/200

ADL Low

DC setting neutral

EC -1/3

Shooting in a snowstorm makes for nice photos, even if there are few sane people out.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

After Nicole's snowblower last week, here is a slightly larger one:

gallery_1251_413_554555.jpg

Lens (mm): 28
Aperture: 3.5
Shutter: 1/1600
Picture Control: D2X Mode 1

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

After Nicole's snowblower last week, here is a slightly larger one:

Slightly larger, indeed! Ha ha! Now THAT is a snowblower (said in the voice of Crocodile Dundee). I'm guessing you might have more snow than we do.

And your night set is wonderful and inspiring--it makes me think I need to get out in our next snowstorm and give it a go. I have shot in the snow before, but never at night. Such intriguing and beautiful results!

sunshine

sunshine

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationVirginia

Saturday lunch

31796409570_b87787d2ca_b.jpg

Tastings by Mark, on Flickr

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

First time out with my new Tamron 70-200 f2.8 at the Phoenix Zoo.  Haven't had the opportunity to use it for sports yet.

Attached Thumbnails

• papago park-1.jpg
  • Phoenix Zoo entrance.jpg
  • Phoenix Zoo-1.jpg
  • Phoenix Zoo-2.jpg

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

She was my back fence yesterday morning.

Nikon D610 with Tokina 400mm.

DSC_4083-L.jpg

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

It has been crazy around here but 2016 is finally gone. Last punch it gave me was my K30 falling off the tripod. Heavy very old K55/1.8 on the front.Landed square on the metal lens. Meter  is so far off as to be basically unusable. lens survived without a scratch..Meter seems to be the only damage. so back to the shop it goes. On a better note my son invited me to a Monster Truck Jam this weekend. When I checked on cameras allowed. No interchangeable lens cameras allowed. These were taken with a Pentax Optio 80. About the size of a credit card

IMGP0061.JPG IMGP0086.JPG .IMGP0060.JPG

The D200 with Sigma 28-80 I fought the WB on this camera no matter what I tried everything is blue except the one thru the windshield

.DSC_1406.JPG

This is what I awoke to Friday. I don't think we need the snow blowers , It did shut down the area tho.

DSC_1405.JPG

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Fantastic images this week, folks. Nice work!

Mark, your image is very elegant (and tasty-looking). I like the perspective through the wine glasses--the focus on the cheese instead of the wine glasses is unexpected and really appealing. 

deano, looks like you're getting along well with the Tamron--those are some great shots. I really hope you get an opportunity to shoot some action with it--I'm curious how you'll do with it. (Still don't like mine...)

alden--long time no see! Glad to see you again! And that is a heck of an image--nice job!

Patrick, sorry to hear about the K30... :( I hope it is fixable. The truck rally looks like a lot of fun--too bad they don't let you shoot with a DSLR because that looks like a blast...but looks like you did just fine with the small Pentax! 

I'm in still life mode again...found this rusty old wheat grinder in the garage of my in-laws and thought it might be an interesting subject to photograph. (And now I've got a big mess to clean up in my studio...)

31771734150_051be7d691_b.jpgStill Life with Wheat Grinder by Nicole Fernley, on Flickr

D810, Nikkor 85mm, f/6.3, 1/125, ISO 1600

Speedlight with CTO gel and two MagMod grids on the floor pointing up at the backdrop; second speedlight in a 50-inch softbox on the left, above and behind the subject. Silver reflector on the right.

I photographed my neighbor in what is apparently his snowblowing uniform (shorts and t-shirt) again, but I'll skip the share this time. :)

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

Thnks Nicole It is repairable just costly. Question is repair or replace. It is a 6 year old model but then again I do like it. On anff.fother note. I like the still life especially the choice of back ground color. But I grew up on an old farm using that stuff