Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

One lens

lens

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

leighgion

leighgion

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMadrid
It's be a hard pill to swallow. The choice would probably get down to the 24-70mm f/2.8 or 50mm f/1.4. The former would offer flexibility but I'd find it a slog to carry. A prime is my normal shooting style these days and I use a 50 more than anything else, but I wouldn't be ultimately be that satisfied stuck at 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayben

Wayben

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationIowa

Site Supporter

I'd go with a 50/1.4.  50mm was the only lens I had for several years back when I first started shooting SLRs and I got lots of great shots with it.  f1.4 would make it very useful in low light.

esrandall

esrandall

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSumner, WA

I automatically burp out MACRO lens of some kind, but upon further review, I would have to say my Tamron 45mm VC.  I love the colors, it's plenty sharp, and the close focus and a steady hand makes for some great faux macro shots.

2017commuter

2017commuter

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMissouri

It depends on the camera I'm using.

D750 -  24-120 f4 VR

D200 - 18-105mm

V1 - 10-100mm PD VR

F5- 24-120mm f3.5-5.6 VR (good copy)

F100 - 28-105mm f3.5-4.5

F2 - 35mm f2

F4 - 50mm f1.4 

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

My next lens will be either a Nikon f/1.8 85mm G or 1.4 Rokinon. I hear nothing but good things about both.

Well, I got the 1.4 Rokinon, and it's amazing. Here's an example -- fungi!

DSC_6384%20%282%29-XL.jpg

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

My whole setup has changed since I originally responded to this topic. I'd have to say now that my one lens would be my 24-70mm f/2.8.

esrandall

esrandall

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSumner, WA

My whole setup has changed since I originally responded to this topic. I'd have to say now that my one lens would be my 24-70mm f/2.8.

I'm starting to feel the same way about my Tamron 24-70 VC. Good range for me, and I can shoot it wide open with good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

for me not one lens. since base on what type of picture i want to take. if close up with cars at car show. it would use different lens base on type of car and quality of car. since some cars are more beautiful engine bay. where others look better on out side. so have to pick one of two lens for it.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lens