Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wide Angle Lens

lens wide angle

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I guess I was looking at the mm the lens would pull landscape in. Can I pull something in from a long distance away.. 

So do you really want a telephoto lens then? To zoom in on things that are far away?

Wide angle shows more width in the landscape, but it definitely doesn't pull it in closer. It actually can make things look smaller and farther away, even though you can see more of the landscape.

And I would second Red83152's estimation that the 24-70 is super versatile and wide enough to do landscape. I love that lens. 

f.perez87

f.perez87

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag

I used to have a Tokina 11-16mm (I sold it because I upgraded to FX format). It was such a great lens! (i'm looking forward to buy the Tokina 16-28 now). I highly recommend the lens. To be honest I did not use it much for landscapes (even though I've got some nice photos), I prefer it for interior photography, events and also for shooting objects from different perspectives. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lens, wide angle