Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Difference in speed in AF-C and AF-A mode in D500

d500 nikon nikonindia nikondslr dslr

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Arghya

Arghya

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi All,

Got a d500 for field test. What I have experienced that there is a faint difference in speed between the two modes (AF-S & AF-C). When I am shooting in AF-S mode the machine is working blazing fast but in AF-C, the speed of the camera is not that fast. Please do help in this regard.

Arghya

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland
I've not really tested it. I always use AF-C as it suits the way I shoot (and I mostly shoot portraits). But I might try for myself and see if I can perceive it myself.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I rented a D500 and only shot it in AF-C so can't help there...I also use back-button focus...

TKC_TX

TKC_TX

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi All,

Got a d500 for field test. What I have experienced that there is a faint difference in speed between the two modes (AF-S & AF-C). When I am shooting in AF-S mode the machine is working blazing fast but in AF-C, the speed of the camera is not that fast. Please do help in this regard.

Arghya

I think it depends somewhat on your lens. At least that has been my experience with my D500. With my Nikon 24-70 2.8 (easily my fastest focusing lens) I don't perceive any difference in focusing speed between the two modes. On a slower focusing lens like my old Nikon 17-55 2.8, AF-C does seem to slow things down just a bit. Of course it all may just be perception based on my shooting style, too. Over all, my D500 is So much faster than the D90 it replaced, in Every way, that it has never been an issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Never used mine in AF-S either!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d500, nikon, nikonindia, nikondslr, dslr