Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lexar 32GB Pro 1000x UHS-II SDHC (Class 10, UHS Class 3)

sd lexar pro 1000x d610 d7000

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

A few months ago, as part of a larger package, I inadvertently ordered some of these cards for my D610 and D7000. I meant to order the 633x cards but I guess my mind was on something else and I didn't notice. And, because these were intended to be spares for cards I already had, I never noticed until last night when I needed to add a spare to my work bag for a photo shoot. 

Now, the page for these cards on B&H states that they are backward compatible with earlier spec cards and there are some posts from other Nikon users about how great they work on earlier gear. However, I'm a bit gunshy when it comes to memory cards so I'm wondering if any of the rest of you have used these cards in your older gear (D610 and earlier) and, if so, how well they perform. In fact, no matter what gear you use, I'd be interested in what you think of them.

Also, do I need a special card reader for my computer. I'm using a Dell XPS workstation with built in SD card slots and Windows 7.

1457630416000_1090743.jpg

--Ron

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The Lexar UHS-II cards slow down when on a UHS-I bus, so they are fully backwards compatible. This isn't the case with all UHS-II cards, though. All the Sandisk and Lexar offerings work well, some other suppliers', not quite so good... 

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Thanks, Peter. I appreciate it.

I'm guessing that, because they slow down to match the bus speed, they'll also work with my OEM card reader. I guess I'll find out.

--Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sd, lexar, pro, 1000x, d610, d7000