Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Remote

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Fordgal4

Fordgal4

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
So I'm wondering if there is anything out there that I can use as a remote for my Nikon p900 while it's on the tripod so I can keep it completely still and still be able to take a photo

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Nikon sell an infrared remote called the ML-L3. If I am not mistaken, this can be used from behind the camera as well as from the front as the p900 has IR receivers on both sides. It will probably be mentioned in the manual under remote control photography or something like that.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Yeah, this is what you need. I don't believe that Nikon makes a wired remote for your camera but this IR remote works pretty well as long as you're reasonably close to your camera. You also need to be careful to point it directly at your camera's remote control port or else misfires are possible. Eighteen bucks at B&H Photo.

https://www.bhphotov...ageID/accessory

Nikon_4730_1456957217000_207373.jpg

--Ron