Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D500 Image Storage Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

AlmondPA

AlmondPA

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I have just recently aquired my D500 so I am still trying to learn all the ins and outs of it.  This morning my wife and I went to Washingtoncrossing, PA to the historic park to photograph the park and the fall foilage.  It was misting and the temps were about 45F. As I took photographs and stored to the XQD card, I would get one image and then instead of advancing - it would overrite the second image on to that and still state that it only stored one image.  I tried reformatting the card in the camera, changing from my preferred RAW to JPEG fine and still had the issue.  Even tried my second card and no improvement.

Any ideas on what might be going on?  Thank you in advance for helping..will try to post a couple of the photographs in just a bit to see if that helps troubleshoot.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
I would guess that the HDR or MULTIPLE EXPOSURE mode is ON.

(For multiple exposure (benefits) see here:

http://nps.nikonimag...tiple_exposure/ )

AlmondPA

AlmondPA

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Thank you Jerry, I updated the firmware and reformatted the card and now everything seems to be working as expected