Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trouble with my 85 1.8

85mm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SWC

SWC

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi guys! I am in desperate need of some help! My 85mm has been in my collection for about a year and I LOVE it! just last week it started giving me blurry images. It almost looks as if it has camera shake all over the image. I thought maybe it needed calibrating, but there is no focal point at all, it just looks like a blurry mess when you zoom in on the details of the image. What should I do? I just went out of warranty two months ago  :angry:  has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks so much!

etphoto

etphoto

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationCincinnati
I assume all other lenses are working properly or is the 85 the only lens you have?

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

If you purchased your lens new with a USA warranty, and you have registered it with Nikon, you have 5 years of coverage.

--Ron

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Can you post an example?  Could the AF / Manual focus switch been moved accidentally?  I had one older lens that seemed to switch over to manual focus even though it looked like it was still in AF...moved the switch to manual and it focused fine manually - moved it back and it started to work normally again...happened a few times to me before I ended up selling the lens...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 85mm