Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5300 locked up and is now "clicking" after taking a pic

d5300

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Maty23

Maty23

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi

Just registered on the forum to get a bit of advice and find out if something weird has happened to my D5300.

I've had it a year and never had any technical problems but I was outside a minute ago shooting in Aperture priority taking some test shots of a tree (for a course I am doing) and wanted to see what the same picture looked like with the flash. After I took the shot the picture didn't appear in the monitor. I tried a few more pictures and they didn't either. Then the monitor just seemed to "lock up", stuck permanently on the main menu screen and bizarrely, even though I turned the power off the display was still on!!!

I took the battery out, and turned it back on again and it seemed to be ok but I've now noticed that after I take a picture there is a very low click just as it writes the picture to the memory card (just before the little green light blinks) which I don't think I have ever heard before.

Has something happened to my camera that I need to get looked at?

Thanks

Marty

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d5300