Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Coolpix p900 wi-fi to Laptop

p900 wifi wi-fi laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

AndrewPaulCooper

AndrewPaulCooper

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a Coolpix P900 and can connect it via Wi-Fi to my Android phone.

I can see and download pictures, and even remotely take a photo.

Fairly cool, BUT what I really want to do is wirelessly link my P900 to my laptop.

Ideally I'd like to take a picture at home and have it appear on my laptop screen instantly and automagically, via my house wi-fi if necessary.

If I'm out taking photo's when I get back in range of my home wi-fi or my laptop wi-fi I'd like all unloaded pictures to auto-upload themselves without any action from me (apart from turning the camera on, and hitting the Wi-Fi button perhaps :)).

I've found qDslrDashboard but that does not (yet) support P900's and the site appears to be unmaintained.

I don't really want to hop from camera to phone to Laptop (although I can do that), nor do I want to physically plug the card into a laptop slot ~ I just want to take a picture and have the result copied to a folder on my laptop.

Anybody achieved this and if so how?

Regards Paul

alshearin

alshearin

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Hi Paul

I had the same question and reached out to Nikon (via chat with Dukens).  I was trying to connect my camera to my laptop using a HDMI cable.  Dukens stated that the camera can only be connected to a TV with the HDMI cord.  I asked if there was a way to connect to a laptop and he provided me with the following software link and also a link to a cable that is needed.  I just got the links so have not tested it yet but wanted to share with you as I found your question when searching for answers before I contacted Nikon.

For software, you need Nikon ViewNX-i. Here is the link: http://downloadcente...load/sw/84.html
You will also need the UC-E21 USB Cable

Here is the link for the cable: Nikon Imaging Products - Where to Buy

AndrewPaulCooper

AndrewPaulCooper

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks Alshearin, I'll look into those links, Regards Paul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p900, wifi, wi-fi, laptop