Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5500 and problem with SD card

sd d5500 kingston error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

VSAULITIS

VSAULITIS

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi,

I am using D5500 for ~6 month. During that time I had no lot of possibilities to make a huge number of photos, but I got some important issues where I do not know where do they come from. With my camera I am using KINGSTON 126 GM SD card. (SDHC/SDXC UHS-I U3) Just after I have made ~ 100 photos during the photo session, following error came up on camera: this memory card cannot be used. card may be damaged. insert another card.

SD card become unusable: it was no more working in any other device - not in other photo camera, neither it was even recognized by PC. (PC did not even recognized card when it was inserted in SD card slot so I had even no possibility to start recovery on it to get photo out)

That SD card was replaced by seller, but now some moth after I got the same issue with the replaced card which is the same KINGSTON SD card.

Is there idea where this issue come from: is it SD card problem or there are some problems in D5500 as the same type of card fails in camera for second time? 

Any ides what can be done here? 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The Kingstons don't have the greatest reputation and are not recommended by Nikon. Nikon usually only recommend Lexar and Sandisk cards.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I would agree with Peter.  I would also suggest formatting the card in camera if you haven't done that previously.  But, I expect it is the Kingston card and not the formatting that is the issue.  Try a good Lexar or SanDisk card and format it in camera before you use it.  You should be OK at that point.

VSAULITIS

VSAULITIS

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks. I will do so!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sd, d5500, kingston, error