Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trying to Find Best Way To Shoot Wirelessly

d500 remote shutter release

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Melanie

Melanie

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,

I just upgraded from a Nikon D7000 to a Nikon D500 and was disappointed to learn my infared remote no longer worked. I've found a wireless adapter WR-R10/WR-T10/WR-A10 Wireless Remote Control Set but it is pretty expensive. Is this basically my only option? I've checked the compatibility chart on Nikon and it seems like this is my cheapest option (even though it is still pretty expensive) but I wanted to know if there were any aftermarket products that would do the same thing.

Thank you!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

As you only want the remote release and maybe focusing, the Vello Freewave should work as it uses the 10-pin socket.

$35.90 at B&H... https://www.bhphotov...te_Shutter.html

Any 10-pin accessories should work, just like they did with the D300. There are quite a lot of third-party triggers if you search on Ebay with this string: "remote nikon 10-pin". This search will get you both wired and wireless options.

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
I have the Yongnou 603II triggers and they work great. Also available at BH for about $33/pair including cable.

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

I use a set of Yongnuo 622RX/TX flash triggers for this. But they are something I already had and use to trigger flashes. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d500, remote, shutter release