Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Show your bag!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

M.Beier

M.Beier

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCopenhagen

Might be an old thread on the forum, however, I did not find it.

How does your bag look? Do you change items usually?

13692514_10154406738329726_6766705933949

From upper right: Cleaning kit, is located there, as the big zooms tend to loose their cap due bag design if they are all the way to the bottom...

Next to it: 150-600 Tamron F5-6.3

Midlde laine:
50mm F1.8G (to be replaced with 1.4 Sigma ART*)

105mm micro AFS VR

Camera with lens mounted, in this case 24-70 F2.8 Tamron, but can be any except the two biggies.

Lower section:
Left: Powerbank, power adapter, USB adapter -> This is where the future 15-30 F2.8 Tamron is to fit in.

Next to it: 70-200 F2.8 Tamron, on top of it, the strap.

Other end of the bag:
D800E, not sure what to do when getting a decent DX in future... My D5200 I decided NOT to put in the bag anymore.

In the top pouch: 
Yongnuo YN568EX, diffuser on top of it, and cleaning-pump

NOT PICTURED PARTS:
In the strap around waist:

One side batteries & Memory cards, other side: Cleaning stuff; Microfiber cloth, brush.

Front section:

Raincoat for bag

Raincoat for body & telezoom lens

Cables, and in future all the crap that occupies the space of the extra lens at the moment.

---------

Looking forward to seeing your choices lads.

*and sorry if there is already a thread that I just didnt spot.

etphoto

etphoto

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationCincinnati
I work pretty much all the time out of my Think Tank rolling bag. No matter how small the job.

knupgAr.jpg

w2ixvkX.jpg

Sent from mTalk

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Interesting...My setup varies depending on what I'm shooting...typically when shooting sports, I have one D4 mounted with the 200-400 on monopod and it travels over my shoulder.  I have a pouch with extra cards, credentials and some business cards attached to the monopod (but easily removable) and I bring my roller bag with the other D4 and the rest of my gear (lenses, flashes, cleaning gear, rain gear, straps, extra batteries and all the other fun stuff).  Occasionally in other situations I will carry a backpack with the gear I want available and on rare occasions where I am shooting a specific subject I might just carry a body / lens combo (or two) on strap / monopod (knowing I  have other things like cleaning supplies available).  That seems to work well in some special instances where I don't really have the ability to carry or securely store a camera bag.  

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

I have multiple bags, and all of the the loadouts change for every occasion.  I do have a "daily" carry bag that I take with me on a regular basis (when I am in the cycle of taking my camera with me wherever I go, but even that changes frequently.  (I took one lens out of it this morning and dropped my 10.5mm fisheye lens in it today so that I pop over to a static display of an old steam engine a few blocks away from my office in order to have a submission for this month's song theme challenge.  Normally, I don't carry that lens in my "daily" bag).   Once I repack with my "normal" daily carry gear, I will snap a shot of the bag and contents.  But it may be different the next day/week.   :lol:

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I use a couple of Billinghams as shooting bags. Link. Exactly what lenses go where and what Superflex inserts are in which bag differs depending on what I need to bring.

When I need to use long teles, I use a backpack. I have just got a large Tamrac Anvil that I am still coming to grips with exactly what goes where. There will be a short review with photos when I have sorted it out.

ousantacruz

ousantacruz

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Country Flag

My big bag I've used for the past 2 weddings I've shot. Gets heavy quick but if there's a smooth surface, it's easy to roll around and has a telescoping handle. The smaller, mirrorless bag I've also used for DSLRs before. I even fit a Tamron 150-600 in there (the bag up top is removable) I didn't include a photo of the bag my Phottix Indra500 comes in but I usually fill it with batteries and the tranceivers for both Phottix and Yongnuo and a collapsible softbox will fit in there too. I took these with my Nikon D50 and SB-600 (which normally fits at the bottom of the other 2 flashes flat)

Attached Files

M.Beier

M.Beier

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCopenhagen

Sweet !

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

I've never thought to take a photo of my bag... Hang on...

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland
837869b770e986d33209d8404f3c8c11.jpg

The bag itself is an F-Stop Loka UL. It opens from the back and you add into it an Internal Camera Unit. I have a large (pictured) and a medium ICU so I can change up the contents easily and also change the ratio of camera gear to other space in the bag depending what I'm doing and where I'm going.

Across the top I have a Samyang 135mm f2, Sigma Art 35mm and Sigma Art 50mm. On the left if a Tamron 15-30mm and a Tamron 24-70mm under that. Mounted on my D810 is a Tamron 70-200mm. On the right is a SB-700 flash. Bottom sections have some filters, cleaners, memory card wallet and a few other bits.

Top section of the bag has my Yongnuo and Godox triggers, X-Rite colour checker passport and Sekonic light meter.

The side of the bag has pockets. I have my Sony RX100 in one of those. The front has another section with a couple random cables and other non-essential stuff.

UL in the bag name stands for Ultra Light which is lucky because the contents weigh a tonne!

More info on the bag here...
http://fstopgear.com...ul#.V5jCsb8nGnM

ousantacruz

ousantacruz

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Country Flag

837869b770e986d33209d8404f3c8c11.jpg

The bag itself is an F-Stop Loka UL. It opens from the back and you add into it an Internal Camera Unit. I have a large (pictured) and a medium ICU so I can change up the contents easily and also change the ratio of camera gear to other space in the bag depending what I'm doing and where I'm going.

Across the top I have a Samyang 135mm f2, Sigma Art 35mm and Sigma Art 50mm. On the left if a Tamron 15-30mm and a Tamron 24-70mm under that. Mounted on my D810 is a Tamron 70-200mm. On the right is a SB-700 flash. Bottom sections have some filters, cleaners, memory card wallet and a few other bits.

Top section of the bag has my Yongnuo and Godox triggers, X-Rite colour checker passport and Sekonic light meter.

The side of the bag has pockets. I have my Sony RX100 in one of those. The front has another section with a couple random cables and other non-essential stuff.

UL in the bag name stands for Ultra Light which is lucky because the contents weigh a tonne!

More info on the bag here...
http://fstopgear.com...ul#.V5jCsb8nGnM

Another Tamron fan I see. They make such great lenses at a great price.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Some new photos of the 550... Fairly typical loadout for just going out without exact plans for what to photograph.

gallery_1251_413_227141.jpg

And without the body and 35/1.8

gallery_1251_413_260183.jpg

The inserts are from top pt bottom loaded with:

1. 24/1.8
  2. 35/1.8
  3. 50/1.8
  4. 105/2 DC and SB-600
  5. SB-910

The body is mounted to the last lens used and the lenses always in their own place. That way, I can change lenses in really bad light and still know what I pick from the bag. Sometimes a MicroNikkor (either 55/3.5 or 105/4) sits in the free slot in the same insert as the 50.

In the side pocket I have a water bottle or in the winter, a thermos and sometimes something to eat. In the button-closed front pocket next to the longer lenses, cleaning supplies lens sleeve and batteries. In the zipped pocket inside, memory cards and filters. In the other button-closed one, a lightweight rain jacket and in the last zipped pocket I have a ColorChecker and some AS-21 flash stands, some small clamps and gels.