Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Nikon D610 Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Mark Win

Mark Win

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorthern Ireland / UK / Ireland / Europe

Site Supporter

Just been reading up on the New Nikon D610, Plenty of Online reviews, it features a new shutter mechanism that will to boost the camera's continuous shooting speed, so that's certainly up my street then.. :)

Although some people had issues with the D600 Nikon did address the issue by offering a full service to those users who found the fault, it seems this has also been well addressed in the upgraded model.. A Good customer service is always important

6 frames-per-second continuous shooting burst rate at full resolution  . Nice

New Quiet Continuous Shutter mode.. ok

Improved auto white balance.. Excellent

Follow review   Nikon D610 Announced - Nikon News - News - Front Page Posts - NikonForums.com

Id love to afford this new upgraded gem, but alas no.. Who wants to buy me one ?

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

I think that the D610 is a "mea culpa" from Nikon. They addressed a design flaw in the D600 added a few new features / minor tweaks and called it the D610. That aside I think it is a compelling camera. The one thing I questioned was why did they leave the 39 point AF system in there instead of upgrading it to the 51 point?  I guess it would too much like the D800 then, no? :)

I've been on the fence about switching from DX to FX bodies for a while and affordable entry level full framers are making that even more tempting.

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

I think that the D610 is a "mea culpa" from Nikon. They addressed a design flaw in the D600 added a few new features / minor tweaks and called it the D610. That aside I think it is a compelling camera. The one thing I questioned was why did they leave the 39 point AF system in there instead of upgrading it to the 51 point?  I guess it would too much like the D800 then, no? :)

I've been on the fence about switching from DX to FX bodies for a while and affordable entry level full framers are making that even more tempting.

It would be nice if they could at least admit that the dust issue was there with the D600, but they haven't!  The D610 has but a few tweaks compared to the D600: it would have been much better if they could have made at least one big improvement in some area.

With that said, the D600 was already an excellent camera- so the D610 will surely also do well ;)

Brazeal

Brazeal

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Country Flag

Yeah, I have the money in my account burning a hole in my pocket trying to decide between being practical and buying the new K-3 or upgrading to FX with the 610 or maybe a refurbed D800.  I "should" wait until BF or Christmas, but I suspect my impulsive side will win out soon...lol.

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

I know the feeling Brazeal! Money in the "toys" account  = instant impulse to buy something.

I still have a huge list of wants and desperately must have gear... and my wife thinks I'm hard to shop for!