Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jacinta - Fitness Shoot

fitness gym nikon lighting strobist

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

A little while ago I was engaged to take some photos of a lady who had just returned from her first (and last) fitness/body building competition. She wanted to get some photos as memento of this stage of her life. 

I think I shared one of the photos in a best of the week thread quite a while ago. But here is the full set.

26468729564_62d17770d6_c.jpg

Jacinta Fitness Shoot by Crew One Photography, on Flickr

28073634901_830e27f581_c.jpg

27968502984_c29dec90cc_c.jpg

27870696030_d99b754e3d_c.jpg

28073656471_03269ce7d9_c.jpg

28301604120_ce1d8c6dcb_c.jpg

28117597046_0bb059b944_b.jpg

All shot with my D810 and a combo of Sigma Art 35mm and 50mm. I used my lights which was a mix of one Godox AD360 and one Jinbei DM3 which unfortunately have different white balances and required some fixing in post. I think for all of these shots each light had a 1'x4' strip box and located either side of her to give as much muscle definition as I could get.

My post processing was initial adjustments in Lightroom. To photoshop for touch ups* and dodge and burning to further enhance her body shape. Then back to Lightroom where I applied an almost HDR effect by bumping up the shadows to +100, a big +80 hit of clarity and -50 in saturation plus a few other things. I like the almost gritty effect it has given to the photos.

* She is a mid 30's mother of three and has the stretch marks associated with that along with what looks like some major scarring above her navel. I asked, and she requested I "fix" these things. The photo with the dumbbells took quite a bit of work, and it's still not perfect IMO.

I haven't been feeling well for the last couple of weeks and this shoot has been holding me up from finishing some other work so it's nice to finally have it done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fitness, gym, nikon, lighting, strobist