Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D750 and non-cpu lenses

non cpu lenses

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

david carey

david carey

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I have sent all but one non-cpu lens on my D750. I have a Tokina 17mm f3.5 lens I want to set however I am only given a choice between 15 and 18mm in the camera. I wonder if any one can let me know how to set this lens correctly given the fact I do not have a 17mm choice for some reason. Can anyone explain? Thanks in advance for any help received. 

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm not sure why they give us predetermined values instead of allowing manual entry, but either one should be fine.  Since this info gets stored in the EXIF data, I'd pick the closest value, so 18mm.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,637 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The list only has focal lengths that Nikon have produced. The Nikon engineers can't understand why one would like to use third-party lenses.

• Ron likes this

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

The list only has focal lengths that Nikon have produced. The Nikon engineers can't understand why one would like to use third-party lenses.

They obviously get paid too much then ;)