Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Flower Power.

flower power

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

I liked the appearance of this red rose and decided to try my luck with my Nikon D70. The Nikon D70 is not known for handling red very well. In Post Photo Editing I did of course downsize the image, cropped and did a smidgen of sharpening. That is why you will see very little white bordering on few of the petals. I did use the Built-in flash, which surprisingly did a satisfactory job. The red on the bottom was difficult to clone and heal, which left an awful smear so I reverted back to the original.

Well, thanks for viewing and please feel free to offer comments/suggestion. This was taken in early evening, slight overcast with a 15mph breeze. Which meant I had to wait for the flower to stop moving.

Adios,

Antonio

The particulars:  Nikon D70 with AFNikkor 35~80mm DLens.  1/125s, F5.6 at 68mm.  ISO 200.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_2261.JPG

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Many thanks.