Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 29 May 2016

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, 29 May 2016, post the best photo you have taken this week. Any subject, any style--just give us your best shot.

If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

P.S. Come play with us in the editing exercise. This is our last week of the editing exercise before taking a break for the summer, but everyone is welcome to go into old editing exercises and play around.

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

Two entries from me of the same girl. I watch Next Top Model (America, Australia, Britain) and you see girls on there that are not conventionally beautiful, but when they pose for a photo, they're stunning. This girl is a little like that. She is very attractive, but just a little strange somehow. But I knew once I had her in front of a camera it would be perfect.

This first photo has very very little retouching done. Her skin is 90% that perfect. Posing is a bit average, but I wanted to see her in this kind of angle for a future project I have in mind.

26858028800_6643363c0b_c.jpg

Tiarna by Crew One Photography, on Flickr 

And this one I wish her hair had been perfectly in place.

26579555614_00d029fe62_c.jpg

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Nice captures dcbear.
However, in the first capture, the ring flash that reflects in her eyes, makes she look a bit spooky to me.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464207776.391455.jpg

Panorama of 17 captures stitched together in Photoshop
Individual captures had the following settings

D610 Tamron 70-200/2.8 70mm f16 1/200s@ISO160

Edit: realizing this is a quality problem here, especially as uploaded using the iPad - have to figure out how this can be better done

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

My granddaughter's high school graduation last night.  I did this for her as something she could use as background/wallpaper (like her FB profile).  That is the ENTIRE graduating senior class, by the way.  (This particular high school is small). 

Class2016_1-M.jpg

Nikon D4

70-200mm F/2.8

f/4

1/400s

ISO 4000

funny peculiar

funny peculiar

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWellington

Black and white from me.

gallery_1037_427_75901.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,633 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

A stack from me again this week.

First a sample slice from the stack to show how shallow the DOF is @1:1:

gallery_1251_413_120734.jpg

And then the processed result:

gallery_1251_413_710762.jpg

Body: D700

Lens (mm): 105 (MicroNikkor 105/4 Ai), PN-11 and full extension.

ISO: 1250
Aperture: 16
Shutter: 1/1.6

26 slices stacked in Zerene Stacker by the D-map method.
Subject is a piece of slag from the working of marsh-ore, probably in the 18-th century, shot in available light.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Well, the week didn't quite go as planned...I was scheduled to shoot the Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Tournament Wednesday through yesterday.  I shot both Wednesday and Thursday (3 games each day) but my eye infection got worse with my pushing it...Very disappointed that I couldn't shoot the rest of the weekend but it looks like I might be able to shoot more NCAA Division 1 Baseball this coming weekend as there is a Regional Tourney in Raleigh.  Don't know who will be there yet, but I'm going to give it a shot...

Here's one from Wednesday's third game.  You can see sun and shadows on the wall behind, but the field was mostly in shadows...D4, 200-400, f4, 1/6400, ISO 6400.  Yes, ISO and Shutter are correct...I was doing some "testing" and saw the opportunity to grab this image with no time to switch settings...

Shortstop-4923.jpg

I'll try to get a reply in the Edit Challenge shortly...

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I haven't been able to take many photos lately, and the few that I have taken have sat unprocessed in my Lightroom catalog (I considered it an accomplishment to get them into the catalog, honestly). I had a few minutes to check out Lightroom tonight and found one that I could post for this week—nearly a month late, ha ha!

And here we are in the midst of moving, cat being curious, of course.

27640258682_79ed5f5fc7_b.jpgYour Cat Is with Us by Nicole Fernley, on Flickr

This is our volunteer cat. He showed up last summer while we were on our two-week road trip to Arizona. He had come in through our cat door and made himself quite at home. We've had him ever since. He's a very sweet cat—super cuddly and friendly. Though I'm more of a dog person myself...

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,518 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Two entries from me of the same girl. I watch Next Top Model (America, Australia, Britain) and you see girls on there that are not conventionally beautiful, but when they pose for a photo, they're stunning. This girl is a little like that. She is very attractive, but just a little strange somehow. But I knew once I had her in front of a camera it would be perfect.

This first photo has very very little retouching done. Her skin is 90% that perfect. Posing is a bit average, but I wanted to see her in this kind of angle for a future project I have in mind.

26858028800_6643363c0b_c.jpg

And this one I wish her hair had been perfectly in place.

26579555614_00d029fe62_c.jpg

Wonderfully done.  Very interesting eyebrow configuration in the first photo.  Beautiful young lady.  Many thanks.  Antonio