Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Live view and watching pictures from SD card only works when USB is plugged in - Why? Help!

usb error live view do not work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

raxxe

raxxe

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi there experts, 

I recently bought a new USB cable from kjell.com in sweden.

This one: https://www.kjell.co...-adapter-p68327

Its not a cable from Nikon. 

I tried to get the file transfer to work with my computer, i wanted to easily transfer videos from the SD card while it was still in the camera to my computer. But my computer never found the camera and i did not get it to work.

When all of a sudden this strange thing happens. 

"cant start live view at current settings or under current conditions"

"Playback not currently available."

I cannot use LIVE VIEW or watch my photos in the camera on the screen. Its like the camera got stuck in some USB-MODE kind of bullshit, i dont know.

BUT, when connecting the USB now, i can enter LIVE VIEW and watch the photos on my sd card in the camera. But as soon as i unplug the cable, the messages comes again and it do not  work. 

Anyone more pro then me that can help a fellow out? 

Thank you, 

raxxe

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

What camera is this?

Most Nikons don't have a mass storage mode anymore, so the card won't mount in Finder or Explorer. You will have to use a file transfer utility of some kind to transfer by cable. Nikon transfer usually installs with ViewNX.

Have you tried a two-button reset? If you are in some strange mode, this might clear it. Which two buttons to press varies with the camera model, check your manual.