Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 22 May 2016

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, 22 May 2016, post the best photo you have taken this week. Any subject, any style--just give us your best shot.

If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

P.S. Come play with us in the editing exercise.

Kenafein

Kenafein

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Country Flag

My Girls.

26998733041_eea60c6041_c.jpgDSC_5237 by kenafein, on Flickr

27034077806_8375147da2_c.jpgDSC_5108 by kenafein, on Flickr

dcbear78

dcbear78

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationGladstone, Queensland

Got commissioned last minute to do a fitness shoot for a lady who has just got back from her first fitness/body building competition. She wanted some photos of this moment as I don't think she will continue with it as seriously. She had a photographer lined up but they couldn't make it. Initially she was a bit disappointed her original photographer fell through. But after I sowed her this first photo from the session last night after I did a basic edit I am pretty sure she thinks it turned out for the better.

D810, Sigma Art 50mm @ f5.6, 1/200, ISO 64. Lit with two 1'x4' strip boxes either side.

26468729564_a37fb3a609_c.jpg

Jacinta Fitness Shoot by Crew One Photography, on Flickr

nova85

nova85

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew Lenox, Illinois

Site Supporter

Smelling the flowers.

26564848174_57d578620f_o.jpgDSC_3816-1 by Tim Ramsay, on Flickr

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

A little stack from me this week.

gallery_1251_413_390787.jpg

Body: D700

Lens (mm): 55 (MicroNikkor 55/3.5 Ai) with a PN-11 extension tube

ISO: 1250
Aperture: 22
Shutter: 3

This is a stack of 12 slices to get this DOF at a reproduction scale of 1.5 to 1 on the sensor, even @ f/22.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Two takes from a visit to a local zoo.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463944964.083722.jpg

D5100 Tamron 150-600/5-6.3 f6.3 550mm 1/400@ISO400

(Yes, on D5xxx bodies, the Tamron puts some serious stress)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463945090.627955.jpg

D5100 Tamron 150-600/5-6.3 f6 450mm 1/500@ISO250

Patrick9

Patrick9

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMurfreesboro Tennessee

Site Supporter

I spent the day getting the pool open for the summer. Still a bit on the cool side but surely it is going to start warming up soon.  I still have some deck cleaning to do, leak repair on one filter line, and water balancing but it is open and full.  this was taken this evening. I was hesitant to post yesterdays shots. Non Nikon again. this is with the D200 and 18-55/3.5-5.6 G

pool-D200.jpg

etphoto

etphoto

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationCincinnati
Wow, some good images this week.

Took this one this morning. D3s, 500 ISO, F5 @ 1/500, Light source was a Westcott Softbox

WzmQpRW.jpg

Sent from mTalk
One more. Shot this one on Friday. They wanted to incorporate their rings with their family Bible. D610 ISO 5000, F8 @ 1/125th, light source was two SB800s.

uKvKErM.jpg

Sent from mTalk

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Wonderful images this week--I love to see what you all are up to! I'm still in a photography dry spell because of ridiculously limited time, but I did manage to at least try a Project 52 Pros project this week. A bit half-assed, but at least I did something! The task was to show an audio experience "like no other," so I thought about trying to show how music can transport you...even though you might be in your living room, music can make you feel like you're somewhere else. Wish I had taken the time and effort to style this a bit more--a side table with a cup of tea and a book so it looked more like it could have been in a living room. And better scenery would have been nice...oh well! It's all I had time to do. (I did try a little experiment with ghosting so it looked like she was having an out-of-body experience, but it looked pretty darn cheesy.)

26911300370_2b0ee9a228_b.jpgAudio Experience by Nicole Fernley, on Flickr

Used my 50mm for this one--haven't used it for ages, so that was fun. The day was overcast making light a bit flat, so I added my Westcott 50-inch softbox on camera right, feathered back a little bit.

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,519 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Here is one taken in my neighbor's garden.  I like the color and the surroundings that I feel enhance the photograph.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Antonio

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_2193.JPG

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

So, late as usual...Here are a couple from the Minor League Baseball game I shot last Sunday just up the road (maybe 15 miles) from my house.  No other shooting and little editing this week - fighting an eye infection as part of a cold...

Lynchburg Hillcats Pitcher Sean Brady (34) delivers a pitch against the Carolina Mudcats,  The Hillcats won the game 5-4.

MiLB-2745.jpg

D4, 200-400 at 400mm, f4, 1/5000, ISO 800

Carolina Mudcats Third Baseman Ryan Gebhardt dives safely back to first base on a pick-off attempt.  

MiLB-2812.jpg

D4, 200-400 at 200mm, f4, 1/5000, ISO 800

Assuming the press credentials come through, I will be shooting the ACC Baseball Tournament this week...Also have some meetings this week about some potential long term photo opportunities!

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Also have some meetings this week about some potential long term photo opportunities!

That is super cool!!!!! I hope it works out for you!

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

That is super cool!!!!! I hope it works out for you!

Thanks much!  Right now I think I will be able to piece some things together and make it work...should be pretty cool if it goes the way I hope it will!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

A little stack from me this week.

Body: D700

Lens (mm): 55 (MicroNikkor 55/3.5 Ai) with a PN-11 extension tube

ISO: 1250
Aperture: 22
Shutter: 3

This is a stack of 12 slices to get this DOF at a reproduction scale of 1.5 to 1 on the sensor, even @ f/22.

I should add that this isn't a monochrome conversion. The only things done in post is the stacking and crop, the slices are jpgs SOOC. The picture control is D2X Mode1 and ADL is High in-camera.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

I should add that this isn't a monochrome conversion. The only things done in post is the stacking and crop, the slices are jpgs SOOC. The picture control is D2X Mode1 and ADL is High in-camera.

You fooled me! I thought it was a monochrome conversion, though now that you've pointed it out, I see I was wrong. It looks like a simple photo, but that took some serious technical know-how--very nice work!!!!

Rontography

Rontography

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Country Flag

What software are you using for stacking?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

In this case Photoshop CC. It is a bit quick and dirty but works surprisingly well when there is no misalignment between the slices. The cleanup if there are misalignment artifacts is very timeconsuming, though.

For a bit deeper stacks, Helicon Focus is hard to beat. Zerene Stacker does an even better job for really deep stacks, 100 slices or more but my aging mac gets slow as molasses when processing stacks above 50 12 MP slices or so.

Rontography

Rontography

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Country Flag

In this case Photoshop CC. It is a bit quick and dirty but works surprisingly well when there is no misalignment between the slices. The cleanup if there are misalignment artifacts is very timeconsuming, though.

For a bit deeper stacks, Helicon Focus is hard to beat. Zerene Stacker does an even better job for really deep stacks, 100 slices or more but my aging mac gets slow as molasses when processing stacks above 50 12 MP slices or so.

Sweet. I have used Helicon and Zerene in the past but haven't tried Photoshop yet. I've read up on it and it's nice to see that it produces some good results. 

Thanks.