Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

d3300 d04 or d04 blinking message while sense in A mode

lense

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

brush432

brush432

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

i have just brought a 10-135 dx lense for my d3300 and when connected works fine in M mode but when switched to A mode error code D03 or D04 appears in the bottom R/H corner of screen when shutter pressed to auto focus.

on occasions the lense will focus and work but mostly won't as described above.

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Do you get the same error code with a different lens?  If not, the lens may need servicing.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

As Adam suggested, try a different lens to see if you have the same issue.  I would also suggest cleaning the contacts on both the lens and camera to see if that fixes the issue...  I am guessing you mean the 18-135 - if so, I had that lens and used it fairly regularly with my D7000.  

brush432

brush432

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Do you get the same error code with a different lens?  If not, the lens may need servicing.

no other lenses seem ok thanks

As Adam suggested, try a different lens to see if you have the same issue.  I would also suggest cleaning the contacts on both the lens and camera to see if that fixes the issue...  I am guessing you mean the 18-135 - if so, I had that lens and used it fairly regularly with my D7000.  

tried that and now is better but on occasions i have to turn the manual focus ring in auto to get it to work in auto!!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

As those error codes are not documented for us mere mortals, it seems like it is time to call Nikon's service center to get an answer to what the camera tries to tell you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lense