Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5300 wifi problem

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Tonyfromalnwick

Tonyfromalnwick

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAlnwick, Northumberland
I have just got myself a new d5300, and am having problems with the wifi (I'm in the UK).
My iphone and ipad find the camera, but the camera won't connect to either
I've followed all the instructions, but no joy...any ideas please ?

Nikonite

Nikonite

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOrlando, Fl

Are you using Nikon's app to connect to the camera?

Tonyfromalnwick

Tonyfromalnwick

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Country Flag

Are you using Nikon's app to connect to the camera?

Yeah. Managed to sort it out though, thanks.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

How about sharing the problem and solution for someone else to find?

Mikets

Mikets

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

I have this problem. So would like to know the solution! I know that having the  app is no solution, since it does not work without a connection

Tonyfromalnwick

Tonyfromalnwick

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Country Flag

I have this problem. So would like to know the solution! I know that having the  app is no solution, since it does not work without a connection

Ignore the camera when you get "waiting for connection". It is connected. Simply open the nikon app on your phone/ tablet and you will get the download option.

Mikets

Mikets

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks. It was really dumb. I found this myself after wasting insane amounts of time.  I was going crazy thinking that if I can see the Nikon wifi on my my iPad's Settings, then how can it not be connecting? Then it clicked that it was like Bluetooth, it needed a wifi form of 'pairing'. As you say, by opening the app. Thanks again for replying

Deke505

Deke505

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi, I am having a similar problem.  I connected through the wps button and my phone shows connected but no internet, my camera showed an error then went to waiting for connection again.  It won't connect and the app shows that it isn't connected.  I am using a sony experia aqua m4 if that helps.

drifter

drifter

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

To me it looks Nikon D5300 doesnt work with Iphone. I  have gone tens of sites. This tip above surely doesn't work on me. Nor does the trip where they ask put your phone first on flight mode and disable your mobile data. Nikon surely ruined my daughter's  Xmas.

Manit

Manit

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi Friends, got new d5300, have tried everything in the manual.. The wifi is not connecting with my android phone. The phone has the sd card, app wmu installed on the phone... Any suggestions

JFitness

JFitness

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag
I have a D5300 and it connects to my iPhone 6s perfectly.

Which Nikon app are you using? The app you should be using and the only app that will work with the D5300 is the Nikon WMU app.

If you're using the Nikon SnapBrodge app it won't work with the D5300. It's not compatible.

Manit

Manit

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
Yes,however now it worked with an old phone however noy working with my marshmallow updated one plus 2

jmidemers

jmidemers

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,

I’m trying to use the wifi feature on my D5300 Nikon camera and it just doesn’t work.

When I put wifi on with my camera D5300, I never saw "waiting for connection" mentionned at 01:35 in this video. See here a video I recorded showing the issue.

Also my phone doesn't found any wifi related to my camera (wifi turn enable). I'm sad, can't use the wifi.

JM

avonnied

avonnied

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,

I’m trying to use the wifi feature on my D5300 Nikon camera and it just doesn’t work.

When I put wifi on with my camera D5300, I never saw "waiting for connection" mentionned at 01:35 in this video. See here a video I recorded showing the issue.

Also my phone doesn't found any wifi related to my camera (wifi turn enable). I'm sad, can't use the wifi.

JM

JM did you ever find a fix for this? My D5300 just started doing this..

I enable wifi and  I don't get the waiting for connects and no wifi sid found on my phone/ipad.. and if I try to open the Network settings it Says Option is not available at the current settings or in the camera's currents state.

Scape

Scape

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
I have a wifi connection issue between my d5300 and my Huawei android phone. It used to work perfectly then just stopped. My phone picks up the ssid and connects but the app doesnt say connected and the camera says waiting for connection.

Scape

Scape

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
The WMU app works on a Huawei p8 lite but not on a p8 lite 2017 version. If someone can confirm this I will really appreciate it. Thanks

troghead

troghead

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Managed to get this to work (sort of) on my iphone X... Updated to latest firmware to make that happen. 

Still does not want to play on ipad air 2 (both on ios 12.3.1) ipad can see the camera but won't connect to the network...

wyattparx

wyattparx

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I know that having the  app is no solution, since it does not work without a connection

cam

cam

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

My camera (d5300) was communicating with the Nikon WMU app on my iPhone very well, for a time.  I then stopped using the app for several months and when I tried to use it again I couldn't get the camera to connect to the phone, although the phone connected to the camera.  What fixed the problem for me was synchronizing the clock on the camera to the clock on the phone in the settings section of the Nikon WMU app. The camera connected to the phone immediately afterwards and the functionality of the app was restored immediately.

Aleksa

Aleksa

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I also have nikon d5300 and xiaomi redmi note 8 pro. I have been using Snap Bridge app for wi fi transfer photos for about 2 moutns, One week a go I cant do these any more. I lose wi fi conection betwen them all the time. Like the many of you my Nikon never shows me that conection is acquired, but i menaged to have a conection , but the problem is that conection is not stabil. It conects and disconects all the time. sometimes i see  with app photos on my cam, and when i select them and click download, conection stops working, and than conect again. And thats how it goes all the time in circle.  i dont know what happend and what thing has an issue. Is is my Nikon, or my phone or is it a Snap Bridge. What can I do to six these, does anyone has Idea?