Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5 bliss

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAll over the USA
Today I stopped to shoot on my break and took both bodies with me. The 810 with 150-600, and D5 with 70-200. Crossed black Rapids. Something really stood out as I was swapping back and forth that I hadn't really noticed until today, possibly because it was overcast. The clarity through the viewfinder on the D5 is so much clearer than the 810. I would pay money to have that replaced in the 810.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

If you swap lenses do you still see the same difference in clarity?

--Ron

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag

If you swap lenses do you still see the same difference in clarity?

--Ron

Hmm, I'll check that in a bit. Going through the pics I took this afternoon, so laptop in my lap, dog laying across my legs lol.

OTRTexan

OTRTexan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Country Flag

It's definitely the D5. It's noticeably brighter with both lenses,  

crewchief227

crewchief227

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Today I stopped to shoot on my break and took both bodies with me. The 810 with 150-600, and D5 with 70-200. Crossed black Rapids. Something really stood out as I was swapping back and forth that I hadn't really noticed until today, possibly because it was overcast. The clarity through the viewfinder on the D5 is so much clearer than the 810. I would pay money to have that replaced in the 810.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a D5 to go with my D810 and you're right the D5's viewfinder is just gorgeous and the focus points almost look holographic compared to other Nikons.  I am sending my D810 in for service as I have had it a couple of years and am thinking that it just gradually got really dirty or something compared to the D5.