Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Silver Falls, Oregon II

silver falls oregon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

This is another shot of Silver Falls, Oregon. Approximately two years ago I had attended a class at the Portland, Oregon Museum of Fine Arts. Along the exhibits I spotted numerous photographs of Oregon taken by Ansel Adams. He had worked here for many years and produced some timeless and wonderful photographs. I did spot one of his photos of a waterfall in Central Oregon where he had the falls to the far left of center. At first it seemed odd, but the more I looked at it the more absorbed I was in his work. Nothing like taking a tip from one of the masters. I believe what Mr. Adams was saying was that the falls is an integral part of the forest, but not the main part.  Sort of a team work perspective.  So I thought I would give it a try. I hope you like it.

Thanks for looking.

Tony

Attached Thumbnails

• 13A_0145.jpg

Kiran OtOP

Kiran OtOP

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPerth

I'm not sure if it's my screen, but it seems a bit out of focus, where were your focal point/s?

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

I'm not sure if it's my screen, but it seems a bit out of focus, where were your focal point/s?

I do not see any out of focus areas.  Well, yes the rocks that were to my immediate left.  There is some water spray or mist rising from the surface and partially covering the mossy, rock wall.  This was taken about two years ago, but I believe my focus points were on or near the falls itself.  Thanks,

Tony

s.smith

s.smith

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Country Flag

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: silver, falls, oregon